- 4-6 medium-sized beets
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups Greens of choice (argula, spinach, kale, romaine, mixed greens)
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 orange (peeled and sliced)
- 3-4 Tbsp pistachios or pecans
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp orange juice (fresh if possible)
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Peel beets and slice in fairly thin wedges.
- Place them in a glass oven-safe dish (or pan) and toss in coconut oil, salt and garlic powder.
- Roast (bake) for approximately 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
- While beets are roasting, mix all ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and whisk.
- Can be kept in the fridge for a few days or served warm in the salad
- In a large salad bowl mix greens, onion, orange, pistachios or pecans and beets.
- Add desired amount of dressing and enjoy!
TIP: This recipe makes a few servings of the salad. If you would like some for leftovers do not mix in the dressing until you are ready to eat it. Save the dressing in a sealed mason jar or container in the fridge. Feel free to add in any extra leftover protein to this meal.