- 4 small-medium sized sweet potatoes
- 2 lbs ground beef, chicken, turkey or venison
- 1 medium-sized white onion
- 1 red or green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Garnish options: fresh diced tomatoes, avocado, salsa, fresh cilantro, hot sauce, lime juice
- Poke holes in sweet potatoes and bake in the oven for ~30-45 minutes @400oF (alternatively you can use an instant pot or microwave).
- While potatoes are cooking, brown ground meat in a pan.
- Dice onions and peppers and add to the browned meat. Sautee until the onions are translucent.
- Once the meat and veggies are cooked, add diced tomatoes, tomato paste and spices to the pan. Stir until the tomatoes are warm.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, slice up the middle and stuff with the meat and veggie mixture.
- Garnish with your items of your choosing. Enjoy!
TIP: Precook your sweet potatoes and meat on the weekend and then all you need to do it warm it up and assemble for dinner!